When setting up this blog I wanted to try something. Could I set up a static site using just an iPad instead of my desktop. This wasn’t an experiment to see if I could replace my desktop, this was because my kids didn’t want to stop playing their computer games long enough for me to get this up and running. I had an iPad laying around and a Bluetooth keyboard and time. I spent so much time wondering if I could, I never though if I should.
A couple weeks ago my hosting provider ghosted me. Site gone, support gone, prepaid hosting refunded, just gone. Guess that $4 VPS for 3 years was too good to be true.
Recently I have been working on an API and wound up running into an issue where a third party application would happily take “Invalid” XML and continue on the way. The main culprits were out of spec acceptance of boolean and date fields.
Recently I was working on the API gateway and ran into an issue while trying to use Auto Mapper. It was working well until I was trying to map some XML from one name space to another.
Recently at work I was tasked to build an API gateway. Now an API gateway is a rather simple thing, create a copy of the interface objects, move them to a new name space, grab automapper so you don’t have to write tedious manual mapping code then throw it out on a server.